Vodacom Contract Cover Policy Wording
To be eligible for cover under the policy, you must meet the following conditions at the start date:
- You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 63 years of age;
- You must have an airtime contract with Vodacom Service Provider (Pty) Ltd.
- You must apply for contract cover and agree to pay the monthly premium;
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of the policy.
SECTION A – POLICY BENEFITS
1. DEATH COVER
a) WHAT WE WILL PAY FOR
If you should die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit equal to all the subscription fees in respect of the outstanding term of the airtime contract. This benefit will be paid to Vodacom Service Provider (Pty) Ltd in order to fulfil your estate’s contractual obligation to Vodacom Service Provider (Pty) Ltd.
b) WHAT WE DO NOT PAY FOR
We will not pay any benefit if your death arises directly or indirectly from any of the following:
i. A self-inflicted injury and/or suicide within 2 years of the start date of the insurance contract cover;
ii. War, riot, radioactive contamination, nuclear accidents and similar risks;
iii. Use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination;
iv. Attacks on or sabotage of facilities ( including but not limited to nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots which lead to the release of radioactivity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents;
2. DISABILITY COVER
a) WHAT WE WILL PAY FOR
If you should become totally and/or temporarily disabled due to injury or illness, and as a result of this disability you are unable to perform your occupation, we will pay your monthly subscriptions and any other value added services on your airtime contract until the End Date of that contract or until you able to perform your occupation, whichever is the earlier. The value added services benefit is subject to a maximum of R50 per month. Your disability must persist for at least 30 days before a claim may be submitted for this benefit. You would still be required to pay your subscription during the first month of disability. Should you die during your disability and before the End Date of your contract, all the outstanding subscriptions will be paid as a lump sum to Vodacom Service Provider (Pty) Ltd.
b) WHAT WE DO NOT PAY FOR
We will not pay any benefit if your disability arises directly or indirectly from any of the items listed under the exclusions of the Death Cover above, plus the following:
i. Attempted suicide within 2 years of the start date;
ii. If you enter the contract with any form of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, depression, kidney disease or lung ailment and become disabled as a result of this pre-existing condition
iii. You refusing medical treatment as recommended by your medical practitioner;
iv. You being under the influence or above the legal limit of alcohol intake or drug abuse.
v. You violating the law
vi. You piloting an aircraft without a valid permit.
SECTION B – TERRITORIAL LIMITS
Cover under this insurance policy is restricted to within the Republic of South Africa. Cover will only be extended to outside of the Republic of South Africa if you are a lawful resident of the Republic of South Africa.
SECTION C - CLAIMS
1. All claims must be submitted to the Administrator as soon as possible and in any event no later than 90 days after the insured event in respect of death and immediately the insured event occurs in respect of retrenchment, by contacting the Administrator on 082 1952 or by fax on (011) 844 2913 or (011) 844 2917.
2. You have 90 days from the date of receipt of the notice of rejection or dispute from us to lodge such representation. In the event of a dispute being unresolved you must take legal action by way of summons against us within 180 days after expiry of the initial 90 day period, failing which you will forfeit your claim and no liability can arise in terms of such a claim.
3. A claim form will be sent to you. You must return it to the Administrator within 30 days. Please ensure that all sections of the claim form are fully completed and that any relevant documents are enclosed and sent to the Administrator.
4. SETTLING A CLAIM
a) We will need proof of your death and the circumstances leading to your claim. All death claims must be notified in writing and we will need to see a certified copy of your death certificate and a certified copy of your ID Book.
b) In addition, the death claim form must be submitted. A copy of the latest statement of account must also accompany the claim documents.
5. DISABILITY CLAIMS
If you are claiming for disability, we will need a completed disability claim form, a medical report from your attending specialist, a copy of your ID Book and a copy of the latest statement of account.
SECTION D- WHEN THE COVER ENDS
Your insurance will end and no further benefit will be payable, as soon as one of the following happens:
1. You reach your 65th birthday;
2. A benefit is paid in respect of death cover;
3. You fail to pay the monthly premium;
4. Either party cancels the insurance contract in writing;
5. The date your airtime contract ends.
SECTION E – CESSION
You do hereby under this policy and in terms of this cession, cede, assign and transfer all your rights, title and interest in and to this Policy, to and in favour of Vodacom Service Provider (Pty) Ltd as collateral security for the outstanding term of your cellphone contract.
SECTION F- GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Cancellation of cover
a) You have 30 days from receipt of your policy document to cancel your policy. You will receive a refund of any premiums already paid unless the insurer has already been notified of a claim.
b) General: After this initial 30 day cooling off period this policy may be cancelled by you or the insurer giving 30 days notice in writing. Cover is automatically suspended if the Sim card is barred or disconnected by Vodacom.
c) Multiple claims: In the event that 3 or more claims are lodged against this policy
d) In any 12 month period, we may at our discretion give 30 days’ notice of cancellation due to adverse claims experience.
e) If you give false or misleading information when you applied for cover under the policy, and this information affected the decision to insure you, your cover under the policy will end.
2. If you give any false or misleading information when you make a claim, you will not receive any benefit under this policy and your cover under this policy will end.
3. If any benefit is paid as a result of your false claim, you will have to repay any benefit you have received and we will take legal action against you.
4. The contract between you and us is made up of this policy, the schedule, any written statement of your medical conditions and any other information provided by you.
5. The rights under this policy are limited to this airtime contract. This policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
6. When your cover under this policy ends it will not have a cash value.
7. We have the right to change the terms and conditions, the premium rate, or cancel your policy. If we do, you will be advised in writing at least 30 days before the change or cancellation takes effect.
SECTION G - COMPLAINTS
If you have any query or complaint about this policy or are in any way unhappy with the service you have received, please contact:
Report all claims to:
Scheme Administrator | Cellsure (Pty) Ltd | Tel: 0821952 | Fax: (011) 844 2913 or (011) 844 2917