Vodacom “Win an iPad Mini 4” Survey Competition
Terms and Conditions:
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running a survey, where a customer who completes the survey as part of a pre-selected target group of Vodacom subscribers would participate in, could Win an iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi & Cellular (the “Survey Competition”): Only Vodacom RED customers who complete the Survey will be entered into the draw.
All participants, by completing the Survey, agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Survey Competition is open to all Vodacom RED subscribers residing in South Africa and will run from 08h00 on 7 August 2016 until 23h59 on 1 September 2016 (“End Date”).
2. Any Vodacom RED subscriber, who is a subscriber during the term of the Survey Competition, as stipulated in clause 1 above, will be eligible to complete the survey. Once the survey is completed, the subscriber will automatically be entered into the draw
3. One (1) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning one (1) iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi & Cellular tablet to the value of R 11499. No SIM card, airtime and/or data are included.
4. To enter :
4.1. Click on the hyperlink that was sent via email to access the survey.
4.2. Upon completion of the survey, respondents will automatically be entered into the Survey Competition draw.
4.3. An on-screen message will confirm that the respondents have been entered successfully into the Competition once they have completed the survey.
4.4. Competition Terms and Conditions can be accessed by clicking on the hyperlink included in the email requesting customers to complete the Vodacom survey.
5. Only one (1) entry per unique mobile number will been entered.
6. Only entries received during the term of the Survey Competition, as stipulated in clause 1 above, will qualify as potential winners.
7. The winner will be randomly selected after the End Date of the Survey, from a list of all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within three (3) days after the end date.
8. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
9. Participants and winners must be natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from participating and winning in the Survey Competition.
10. There are no additional charges for participating in the Survey Competition.
11. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
12. The Survey Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
13. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Survey Competition, at Vodacom’s request.
14. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Survey Competition.
15. The winner will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
16. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of two (2) normal working week days after his / her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
17. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Survey Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win in the Survey Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. The winner must be able to identify himself / herself in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Survey Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
21. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
22. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
23. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners 2 (two) weeks after the end date of the Survey Competition.
24. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Survey Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
26. The duration of the Survey Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
27. The prize will only be delivered to physical addresses and will not be sent to postal addresses.
28. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Survey Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. The winner will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when he / she is notified that he / she has won.
29. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vest on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, prizes that remain unclaimed/ undeliverable after three (3) months of the end date or no effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Survey Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
30. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
31. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Survey Competition or claiming the prize.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Survey Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Survey Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
35. User data collected via the Survey Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Survey Competition only.
37. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Survey Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand to Hand Couriers) for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
38. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Survey Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Survey Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Survey Competition or from claiming the prize.
39. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
40. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Survey Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Survey Competition.
41. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Survey Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Survey Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
42. All information relating to the Survey Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.