Vodacom ‘Win a Car’ Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Nokia 3 and Nokia 5 Vodacom ‘Win a Car’ Competition (the “Competition”) will be conducted exclusively by Vodacom (referred to as the “Organizer” or “Vodacom”), in South Africa from 7 July 2017 until 8 October 2017 (inclusive) (the “Competition Period”).
2. The Competition is open to all South African residents (excluding the directors, members, partners, employees or agents of, or consultants to the Organizer including their affiliate companies or their immediate families, life partners, business partners or associates, the Organizer’s advertising agencies and suppliers) who have purchased a Nokia 3 or Nokia 5 device at any participating store in South Africa during the Competition Period. In addition, to be eligible to participate in the competition, qualifying participants must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age, with a valid South African ID and a valid South African driver’s licence.
3. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which will be interpreted by Vodacom at its sole discretion. All decisions taken by Vodacom in the course of the Competition, or in respect of any dispute, are final and binding. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may, at Vodacom’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.
4. How to enter:
4.1 Purchase a Nokia 3 or Nokia 5 from any participating store (RSA only). The term “purchase” in these terms and conditions should not be interpreted to be inclusive of receiving a handset in lieu of entering into a new contract, or upgrading an existing contract.
4.2 Qualifying participants will be automatically entered into the lucky draw;
4.3 One winner will be drawn each month for a period of 3 months, namely for the periods 7 July 2017 to 6 August 2017; 7 August 2017 to 6 September 2017; and 7 September 2017 to 6 October 2017.
5. Prizes to be won:
One of three VW CITI Vivo POLO valued at R165 000(the “Prize”):
6. If you are a winner:
6.1 You will be contacted by Vodacom. All winners will be contacted either via social media, direct messaging, email or telephonically.
6.2 Winner selection will take place at the end of each of the three monthly periods mentioned in clause 4.3 above through the duration of the Competition.
6.3 You are required to retain your till slip, to verify and validate your entry, should you be drawn as a winner.
6.4 You will be required to produce a valid South African ID as well as a valid South African driver’s license as proof that you are the legal winner of the competition prize.
6.5 Vodacom shall attempt to contact the respective winners for a period of 2 (two) working days after their name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
6.6 Should a participant not be available during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next random drawn person.
6.7 If you cannot provide proof, or meet all the competition conditions to Vodacom’s satisfaction, you agree that you will not be entitled to the prize and the prize will once again be placed into a separate draw. You will have no claim against Vodacom if this happens.
6.8 Prizes are not refundable or transferred and cannot be exchanged for cash.
6.9 The colour of the Prize will be solely determined by Vodacom subject to availability.
6.10 The judges' decision is final. Vodacom confirms that it will ensure that a chartered accountant, registered auditor, admitted attorney or commissioner of oaths conducts the competition and this will be reported on Vodacom’s internal audit reporting procedures.
6.11 If you are a winner, Vodacom will ask your permission to utilise your name, photograph and / or campaign related video content of you at no cost to you, for any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period.
7. The closing date of the Competition is 6 October 2017 and no late entries will be accepted after that date. Vodacom accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late or altered.
8. Vodacom will conduct a randomised draw at the end of each of the three monthly periods mentioned in clause 4.3 above. The winner/s of the Competition will be drawn from all the entries received during the various periods of the Competition.
9. You understand that all information (including these rules) relating to the Competition published on any promotional or advertising material or on our website at any time before or during the competition period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
10. Vodacom also has the right to withdraw or modify the Competition before the End Date of the Competition Period. You will not have any claim against Vodacom in this event.
11. It is important that you understand that all you and all participants indemnify Vodacom, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this competition. Vodacom will not accept any liability or responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any Prize, as the case maybe.
12. Vodacom may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By participating or continuing to participate in the competition you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
13. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
14. Vodacom assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation in the Competition for any reason whatsoever.
15. Vodacom has no control over the interception or loss of your personal information over the internet and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
16. Any and all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the winner's sole responsibility, including any and all federal, state and local taxes, insurance and incidental costs.
17. You agree that the Organizer (Vodacom) and their subsidiaries, as well as their subsidiaries’ advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever to the fullest extent permitted by law, and will be held harmless by winner(s) for any injuries, losses or costs or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or parts thereof, or from participation in this Competition.
18. Organizer’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of Prize as set forth above. By participating in the Competition, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) month after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
19. Any personal information relating to you that is collected by the Organizer during the Competition will not be shared with any third party without the participant’s express written consent. By entering this Competition, you agree that Organizer may make media announcements and/or publications of the winner(s). Vodacom may also communicate with you from time to time at Vodacom’s discretion from which you can opt out at any time.
20. South African law applies to the operation of the Competition.