Vodacom Win a Car Competition on the NEW Jaguar F-Pace!
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Win a car competition on the Jaguar F-Pace SUV (“the Competition”) where customers who connect/upgrade on any Smart Plus Top Up Plans, any Smart Plus Sim Only plans and any Red Plus Tariff Plan (i.e. Red Classic+, Red Premium +, Red VIP +, Smart Top Up S+, Smart Top Up M+, Smart Top Up L+, Smart Top Up XL+, Smart S+, Smart M+, Smart L+ and Smart XL+) at any Vodacom Franchise Stores, Vodacom 4U stores, Chatz Stores, Vodacom Independent Dealers, National Chains, Vodacom Online and all approved Vodacom Post Paid Sales Channels stand a chance of winning a the new Jaguar F-Pace car.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 09h00 on the 1st April 2017 and ends at 12h00 midnight on 4th May 2017(“end date”). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered for the competition.
2. One (1) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning a car for the period 1 April 2017 to 4 May 2017, as stipulated in clause 1 above.
3. Vodacom shall solely determine the specifications and colour of the vehicles to be won and the Vodacom’s decision is final.
4. Vodacom shall not be liable for any manufacturing faults, recalls, damage or loss of or to any vehicle once handed over to a winner.
5. The cost and arrangement of licensing, registration and insurance of any prize is excluded. Winners must contact the Jaguar dealer that does the handover to arrange for the legal transfer of any prize and must arrange for third party insurance against damage or loss from the moment possession is taken of the prize.
6. Vodacom or Jaguar does not cover Insurance for the vehicle
7. The vehicle will be covered with a Motor plan which comes standard for 5 years or 100 000km
8. To enter:
i. successfully (processed and approved) new contract or upgrade to any Smart Plus Top Up Plan, any Smart Plus Sim Only plan and any Red Plus Tariff Plan that includes all valid Vodacom deals available in all participating Vodacom Post Paid Channels from 1 April 2017 to 4 May 2017 (“qualifying contract”) at all Vodacom Post Paid Sales Channels (“participating stores”).
9. Cash sales and migrations do not qualify to be entered and will be excluded from winning in this Competition.
10. The winners will be randomly selected by means of an electronic random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
11. Each qualifying contract/upgrade as stipulated in clause 3 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition.
12. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
13. The Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
14. Participants are not required to have a valid driver’s license to win a prize, but a prize may only be collected by a representative of a winner who is in possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of collection of such prize.
15. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they like, but are only eligible to win once for the duration of the Competition.
16. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
17. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
18. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
19. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
20. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize distribution at the time of contacting the selected winner.
21. Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed/ undeliverable after a month of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited.
22. The winner will be contacted during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the draw date, using the cell phone number associated with his/ her entry into the Competition.
23. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after his/ her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
24. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
25. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
26. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
27. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
28. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
29. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
30. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
31. The winner’s names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners as well as Vodacom Social Media Assets as well as on screens/in store TV within Vodacom Approved sales channels.
32. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
33. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
37. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
38. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
39. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
40. Vodacom shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
41. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize or after claiming the prize.
42. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
43. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
44. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
45. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
46. Vodacom Reserves its rights pertaining to any winners who may default on account – standard terms & conditions for remedy per Vodacom contract & upgrade application documentation.