Vodacom Survey competition
Terms And Conditions
In order to understand customer’s Data usage, Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is conducting a Customer Opinion survey (the “Vodacom Survey”) to be completed by a selected target group of Vodacom subscribers only.
All participants during the term of the Vodacom Survey agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The request to complete the Vodacom Survey will be sent via email or SMS to a selected target group of Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa.
2. The Vodacom Survey will be conducted from 08h00 on 26 April 2017 to 23h59 on 07 May 2017 (“End Date”).
3. One (1) lucky respondent stands a chance of winning an (1) Apple iPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi only (16 GB) to the value of R11 199 (VAT incl.) for completing the Vodacom Survey (the “Competition”). No voice, data and/or SIM included.
4. To enter :
• Click on the hyperlink that was sent via email or SMS to access the Vodacom Survey;
• Upon completion of the Vodacom Survey, respondents will automatically be entered into the Competition draw;
• An on-screen message will confirm that the respondents have been entered successfully into the Competition once they have completed the Vodacom Survey;
• Competition Terms and Conditions can be accessed by clicking on the hyperlink included in the email or SMS requesting customers to complete the Vodacom Survey;
5. Only the target group that received the email or SMS request to complete the Vodacom Survey and only participants who successfully complete the Vodacom Survey are eligible to stand a chance to win in the Competition.
6. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
7. The Competition is only open to natural persons – entries from business accounts held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
8. Respondents are required to complete only one Vodacom Survey. Completion of additional Vodacom Surveys will not constitute additional entries for the Competition.
9. The winner will be randomly selected after the End Date, as stipulated in clause 2, from a list of respondents who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within two weeks after the End Date of the Competition.
10. The winner will be notified and announced within 2 (two) weeks after the end date of the competition. The results of the Competition will be made known via http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/competition-terms/vodacom-survey-winners.
11. Only respondents that have completed the Vodacom Survey during the period stipulated in clause 2 above will qualify as a potential winner.
12. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
13. Only entrants using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. The onus is on each user to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM card.
14. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition, at Vodacom’s request.
15. No data charges apply to access and complete the survey on Vodacom mobile network.
16. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
17. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing Terms and Conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/website-terms-and-conditions
18. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the mobile number associated with the participant’s entry upon completion of his/ her survey.
19. The winner will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
20. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) normal working days after his / her name has been drawn and verified as the winner.
21. Should a winner not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
22. The winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prize.
23. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
24. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
25. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
26. The prize will only be delivered to a physical address and will not be sent to a postal address.
27. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise on arrangements in respect of delivery at the time of contacting the selected winner.
28. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vest on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remain unclaimed/ undeliverable after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the competition will be forfeited, Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
29. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or claiming the prize.
30. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
32. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
33. User data collected via the Vodacom Survey will not be used for any other purpose than for the purpose of the Competition and consumer response analysis.
35. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand to Hand Couriers) for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
36. Employees, directors, agents, contractors and consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associates, or business partners and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
37. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Promoters and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.