Vodacom Super Rugby Final Tour
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Super Rugby Final Tour (“the Competition”) on the My Vodacom App, which is available on the Android and IOS App Stores.
Participants stand a chance to win double tickets to see the Vodacom Super Rugby final, wherever it is played.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to to natural persons 18 years or older who are Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa and who have signed up for, or upgraded to, a new Vodacom 24 month contract (data or voice) on any Vodacom RED LG device package from 09h00 26 February 2016 to 23h59 on 7 June 2016 (“end date”) at all Vodacom Franchise stores, Independent Dealers and Direct Sales as well as online on http://www.vodacom.co.za
from the Vodacom Online Shop (“participating stores”). (The Competition is only open. Entries from business accounts held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.)
2. Five (5) lucky entrants each stand a chance of winning a return trip for him/ herself PLUS one (1) friend to watch the Vodacom Super Rugby final in Australia or New Zealand or Argentina or Japan or South Africa on 6 August 2016.
3. To enter:
i. Successfully sign up for, or upgrade to, a new Vodacom 24 month contract (data or voice) at participating stores, on any Vodacom RED LG device package, as stipulated in clause 1 above.
ii. Successfully get the latest Android version of the My Vodacom App with the Competition tab in it, free of charge from the relevant app store. Customers who have already downloaded the My Vodacom App need to update their Android version for the Rugby Competition tab to appear;
iii. Register your profile by providing your full name, mobile number, and email address;
iv. Enter the Competition;
v. Tick checkbox to accept T&C’s;
vi. Click “Enter” to submit your entry. An on-screen confirmation message will appear to confirm successful entry;
vii. Consumers who have already downloaded the App and registered can enter the Competition by following steps iii-vi;
4. Cash sales and migrations are excluded and do not qualify to be entered into the Competition.
5. Each successful upgrade or new contract that has been signed up successfully in accordance with clause 3 above constitutes one entry into the Competition.
6. The prize includes the following:
i. Return Economy Class airline tickets for travel from Johannesburg on an airline of Vodacom’s choice. Approximate travel dates are:
Depart: 2 August 2016;
Return: 9 August 2016.
Final travel dates and times will be confirmed with winners and are dependent on where the final destination of the Vodacom Super Rugby Final is held.
ii. Where applicable, local South African domestic return flights will be arranged from the winners’ hometown (nearest airport) to Johannesburg. Flights will be booked in such a manner to coincide with the departures and arrivals of the international flights.
iii. Access to business class lounges prior to departure.
iv. Shared accommodation (including breakfast) for the duration of the trip at a hotel of Vodacom’s choice. (Schedule of the stay to be determined by Vodacom in accordance with dates of the final rugby game).
v. Daily drinks and meals (other than breakfast) at the hotel, final match tickets as well as any sightseeing and excursions that are part of the itinerary, will be included based on the final itinerary as determined by Vodacom.
vi. Ground transport between the international airport and hotel and the hotel and the rugby stadium where the rugby match will be hosted/ to sightseeing trips on the final itinerary as determined by Vodacom.
vii. Match day tickets for the final rugby game to be held on 6 August 2016. Seating and the type of tickets will be determined by Vodacom.
viii. Medical and travel insurance.
ix. Application fees for a visa if required.
x. All taxes related to all prizes.
xi. Vodacom Super Rugby Supporters Pack.
xii. Gifts and/or promotional items at Vodacom’s discretion.
7. The prize excludes the following:
i. Travel to and from the airport closest to the winners’ hometown.
ii. Meals outside of the agreed upon itinerary, all expenses of a personal nature, such as non-essential transport, non-scheduled sightseeing, laundry, telephone calls, gratuities, items from the mini-bar fridge, room service and any other costs not specifically included in the prize description.
iii. Any other costs incurred by the winner in entering or claiming the prize.
Any medical vaccinations if required.
8. Friends elected to travel with the winner may not be younger than 18 years of age due to the nature of the prize.
9. Winners and their friends must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit and a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of international travel, as stipulated in clause 6(i) above. The expiry date for passports must not be earlier than 1 March 2017.
10. Winners and their friends must also be in possession of valid passports with no restrictions to travel to Australia/New Zealand/Argentina/Japan, and to claim the prizes, winners and their friends must be issued with the required visas to travel (refer clause 6(ix) above). Should any of the winners not qualify for the necessary visa, they will forfeit the prize and Vodacom may in the exercise of its discretion nominate another winner.
11. Winners and their selected friends must be eligible to travel, have no criminal warrant, and / or health issues that prohibit them to travel internationally.
12. Winners and their elected friends must be available to travel between 2 August 2016 (approximate date of departure) and 8 August 2016 (approximate date of return), as stipulated in clause 6(i) above. Should any of the winners not be available to utilize the prize during this period, they will forfeit the prize and Vodacom may in the exercise of its discretion nominate another winner.
13. Winners will not be allowed to make changes/request changes to reservations for accommodation, hotels or airline services made by Vodacom. Winners who wish to extend their trips either prior to or after the arranged tour will be allowed to do so, however, all costs related to any changes will be for the respective winners’ accounts. Changes will only be permitted on the basis that the winner and his/her partner attend the tour as determined by Vodacom. No changes will be permitted during the travel period. In the event that a winner or his/her partner has to leave the trip while still on tour for whatsoever reason, the winner will be responsible for all costs involved related to any changes that need to be made.
14. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
15. The winners will be randomly selected on or after the end date of the Competition from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winners will be notified within 2 working days after them being selected and verified as a winner.
16. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions
17. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number (local & international travel) passport number, residential address, bank statements (international travel) with a Vodacom approved agency (Openfield Marketing Johannesburg) in order to make travel arrangements for winners and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment
18. Travel arrangements, accommodation and flight reservations and application for Visas (if required) include disclosing winners personal detail such as name, surname, ID number, contact number, passport number, residential address and bank statements to the relevant countries’ embassy, travel and tour operators (local or abroad) and hotels (local or abroad) and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment. Winners will be informed of the specific details of travel and tour operators, airlines and hotels when they are notified that they have won. Vodacom will also provide an itinerary to each winner.
19. Vodacom will facilitate the application for Visas if applicable. Should for whatever reason, the Visa application be denied or not issued timeously, Vodacom cannot be held liable in anyway and the winner will forfeit their prize.
20. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
21. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
22. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
23. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
24. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account.
25. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
26. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
27. Vodacom will provide all winners’ details to their officially appointed sponsorship agency – Openfield Marketing Johannesburg - who will contact the winners and make all the arrangements related to the winner’s prizes.
28. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks and the winners will be required to produce a valid ID and passport (for international travel) when claiming the prize, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
29. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
30. Winners agree that it is an express condition of the Competition that in order to be eligible to redeem the prize, the winner shall be required to sign the appropriate acknowledgement of receipt of the prize, as well as an indemnity and/or waiver of liability as reflected in these Terms and Conditions.
31. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners after a period of 2 (two) normal working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
32. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
33. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
34. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
35. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. Winners will be advised on travel arrangements when they are notified that they have won.
36. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
37. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
38. If the winner misses their flight, the person is responsible for all costs should they remedy this. Vodacom is not liable for any perceived loss of value on the prize and are not required to reimburse in any way.
39. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
40. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
41. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
43. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
45. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
46. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
47. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
48. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
49. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.