Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the #MyKCPlayer (“the Competition”) where Vodacom customers stand a chance of winning 1 (one) x double tickets to the Kaizer Chiefs awards on 26 May 2016 at Studio Blu in Fourways, Johannesburg from 19:00 and Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB handset with airtime, with a total value of R23 000 (twenty three thousand Rand).
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 12:00 on 17 May 2016 to 20h00 on 22 May 2016 (“end date”).
2. One (1) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning –
i. 1 (one) x double tickets to the Kaizer Chiefs awards on 26 May 2016 at Studio Blu in Fourways, Johannesburg from 19:00, and the chance to hand over the “Vodacom Fans Player of the Season” award;
ii. a Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB handset; and
iii. R1000 once off airtime, valid for 30 days from activation.
The total value of the prize is R23 000 (twenty three thousand rand).
The prize is not inclusive of any flights, travel costs, accommodation, transfers, meals, drinks or spending money, and such costs are to be paid by the winner, if applicable.
3. To enter:
i. Follow @VodacomSoccer on Twitter;
ii. Vote for one of the four finalists (Lorenzo Gordinho; Erick Mathoho; Willard Katsande; or George Lebese) that you feel deserves the “Vodacom Fans Player of the Season” award;
iii. Tweet the name of the finalist you vote for together with the #MyKCPlayer hashtag.
4. The winner will be randomly selected by means of a random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. The draw for the prize will be conducted at 09h00 on 24 May 2016. The drawn winner will be direct messaged on twitter after the draw and asked to email his / her details.
6. After the drawn winner has been verified, such winner will then be contacted telephonically, and the winner will be notified telephonically after 16h00 on 24 May 2016, using the cell phone number provided in response to the direct message.
7. The verified winner must collect his / her prize at the Event from Studio Blu on Thursday 26 May 2016 between 18:00 – 19:00, prior to the Awards.
8. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize at the time of contacting the selected winner.
9. Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests in the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the dates stipulated in paragraph 7 above, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited.
10. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Cerebra) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
11. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved agency (Cerebra) who will notify the winner that he/she has won the Competition and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
12. Cerebra will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Cerebra shall attempt to contact the winner as stipulated in paragraphs 5 and 6 above.
13. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in paragraph 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
14. The Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older that are Vodacom Subscribers. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
15. Participants that are not Vodacom Subscribers are eligible to vote using the entry mechanism set out in paragraph 3 above, but are not eligible to win the prize as set out in paragraph 2 above.
16. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
17. The selected winner must be able to identify him / herself (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prize.
18. The selected winner must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
19. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
20. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected qualifying entrant.
21. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
22. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
24. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
25. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
26. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
27. No prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
28. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
32. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
33. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
34. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
35. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
36. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
37. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.