Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom LG G5 360 video Competition (“the Competition”) on the Vodacom Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Vodacom.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 09h00 on 23 May 2016 to 18h00 on 27 May 2016 (“end date”) and is open to residents in South Africa who are subscribed to any mobile network provider in South Africa.
2. Four (4) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning one (1) LG G5 handset each, to the value of R10 000 (VAT incl.). No voice, data and/or SIM included.
3. To enter:
i. Visit the Vodacom Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Vodacom;
ii. View the LG G5 video;
iii. Post a comment Facebook, stating where Vodacom logo can be seen in the video;
iv. A correct answer constitutes an automatic entry into the Competition.
4. Vodacom will randomly select the winners by means of an electronic randomiser 7 days after the end date of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The winners will be notified within (1) week after being selected and verified.
5. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they wish.
6. If selected as a winner, entrants must send the requested contact details by the set cut-off date and time communicated via direct message on Instagram.
7. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Cerebra) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
11. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions
12. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
13. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s existing tariff plan for data use.
14. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
17. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. The winner will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when he/ she is notified that he/ she has won.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vests in the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
19. Vodacom will contact the winners during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the end date, using the cell phone number provided in response to the Direct Message on Instagram.
20. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact number provided as above. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) working days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
21. Should any winner not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected winner.
22. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
23. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
24. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
25. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if such winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
26. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the respective winner is valid.
27. The winners’ names and location will be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners two (2) weeks after the end date of the Competition.
28. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their respective images and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after the winners have been announced. The winners may decline the use of their respective images and/or likeness by Vodacom.
29. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
30. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
33. The prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winner’s physical address only. No prize will be delivered to a postal address .
34. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winnerss personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand-to-Hand Couriers) for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
35. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
36. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
37. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
38. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
39. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
40. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
41. These terms and conditions are available at www.vodacom/RedEggHunt.
42. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.