Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the #KCAwards2016 promotional competition (“the Competition”) where Vodacom customers stand a chance of winning one (1) of five (5) autographed soccer balls to the value of R5 000,00 (five thousand Rand) each, or one (1) of three (3) autographed Kaizer Chiefs jerseys to the value of R15 000,00 (fifteen thousand Rand) each.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 18:00 on 26 May 2016 to 00h00 on 27 May 2016 (“end date”).
2. Eight (8) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning one of the following –
i. one (1) of five (5) autographed soccer balls to the value of R5 000,00 (five thousand Rand) each; or
ii. one (1) of three (3) autographed Kaizer Chiefs jerseys to the value of R15 000,00 (fifteen thousand Rand) each
(Eight (8) prizes will be given away in the Competition to eight (8) respective winners.)
3. To enter:
i. Follow @VodacomSoccer on Twitter;
ii. Comment on the awards or reply to @VodacomSoccer’s tweets during the awards ceremony, congratulating the award winners with an animated gif, and using the #KCAwards2016 hashtag.
4. The winners will be randomly selected by means of a random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. The draw for the prize will be conducted within 2 working days after the end date. The winners will be direct messaged on twitter after the draw and asked to email his / her details.
6. After the drawn winners have been verified, such winners will then be contacted telephonically, and the winners will be notified telephonically within 2 working days after having been verified, using the cell phone number provided in response to the direct message.
7. The prize will be sent with a courier service to the winner’s physical address only. No prize will be delivered to a postal address. The winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when he/ she is notified that he/ she has won.
8. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
9. Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests in the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed for a reasonable period, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited.
10. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Cerebra) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
11. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved agency (Cerebra) who will notify the winner that he/she has won the Competition and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
12. Cerebra will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Cerebra shall attempt to contact the winner as stipulated in clause 6 above.
13. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in paragraph 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
14. The Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older that are Vodacom Subscribers. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
15. Participants that are not Vodacom Subscribers are eligible to vote using the entry mechanism set out in paragraph 3 above, but are not eligible to win the prize as set out in paragraph 2 above.
16. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
17. The selected winners must be able to identify him / herself (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim his / her prize.
18. The selected winner must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
19. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
20. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected qualifying entrant.
21. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
22. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
24. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
25. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
26. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
27. No prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
28. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
32. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
33. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
34. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
35. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
36. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
37. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.