Vodacom and Amakhosi Magazine Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the “Vodacom and Amakhosi Magazine USSD” Competition (the “Competition”) exclusively online via USSD line *117*177#.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 00h01 on 24 October 2016 to 23h59 on 14 November 2016 (the “End Date”) and is only open to subscribers on the Vodacom network and who are residing in South Africa.
2. Three (3) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning one (1) of the prizes as listed below, and which prizes will be distributed to the lucky winners until the end of the competition:
Vodacom Soccer USSD
2.1. 1 x R500 pre paid airtime voucher( 3 winners, 1 voucher each)
2.2. 1 x Huawei P9 lite handset to the value of R4469,00 (VAT incl.) No voice, data and/or SIM included.(3 winners, 1 handset each)
2.3. 1 x set of double stand tickets to the value of R120,00 (VAT incl.) to the the Mamelodi Sundowns vs Kaizer Chiefs taking place on the 19 November 2016 at Loftus Versfeld Stadium (3 winners, 2 tickets each)
3. To enter :
3.1. Entrants will have to register to Vodacom Soccer via USSD on *117*177#, and remain registered until the End Date;
3.2. Entrants will have to subscribe to Vodacom Soccer full match alerts via USSD on *117*177# and remain a valid, fully paid subscriber until the End Date;
3.3. Entrants’ details will be captured onto a database by the administrators of Vodacom Soccer and within Vodacom and kept for records purposes.
4. Process is as follows:
Vodacom Soccer USSD
4.1. To stand a chance to win any of the prizes listed in clause 2.4 – 2.6 above, dial *117*177# and opt in to be a premium subscriber for 99c a week;
4.2. Dial *117*177# from your phone (Vodacom customers only);
4.3. Choose 1) Sign Up;
4.4. Choose your favourite PSL team to follow;
4.5. Enter your name;
4.6. Choose 1) Accept terms and conditions;
4.7. Choose 1) Upgrade;
4.8. Choose 1) one more time to confirm your upgrade;
5. The Competition is only open to Vodacom subscribers.
6. Vodacom will randomly select winners by means of an electronic randomiser after the closing date of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions and the winners will be notified within (1) week after being selected and verified.
7. Winners will be contacted telephonically, using the details provided in entering the Competition.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
11. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
12. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
13. There are no additional charges other than the 99 cents per week subscription for participating in the Competition.
14. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
16. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
17. A winner cannot will not be considered for any Vodacom Soccer USSD prize for 6 months.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prizes that remain unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
19. The Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
20. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
21. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone subscription / charges.
22. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
23. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
24. The claim for the prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
25. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
26. The winners’ names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners, or on Vodacom Soccer USSD *117*177#.
27. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
28. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
29. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
32. All prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners’ physical address only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address .
33. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winners’ personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand-to-Hand Couriers) for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
34. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
35. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
36. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
37. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.