Vodacom “Super Rugby Jersey” Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Super Rugby Jersey” Competition (the “Competition”) exclusively on @VodacomRugga on Twitter.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 00h00 on 21 November 2016 to 23h59 on 8 January 2017 (the “End Date”).
2. Eighteen (18) lucky entrants stand a chance of each winning one (1) 2017 Vodacom Super Rugby jersey, valued at approximately eight
hundred South African rands (R800). Three (3) jerseys from each of the six (6) South African Vodacom Super Rugby franchises are
offered as prizes.
3. To enter :
3.1. Entrants will have to follow and remain a follower of @VodacomRugga on Twitter;
3.2. Entrants will have to tweet @VodacomRugga. Entrants must use either #VodacomBulls, #EmiratesLions, #DHLStormers,
#ToyotaCheetahs, #CellCSharks or #SouthernKings hashtags for their entry to qualify;
3.3. The hashtag used in the entry tweet will qualify the user for the competition draw for that franchise’s three jerseys;
3.4. Entrants’ details will be captured onto a database by the administrators of @VodacomRugga on Twitter and within Vodacom and
kept for records purposes.
4. Vodacom will randomly select winners by means of an electronic randomiser after the closing date of the Competition, from all eligible
entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions and the winners will be notified within (1) week after being
selected and verified.
5. Winners will be contacted via Direct Message on Twitter and thereafter telephonically, using the details provided in entering the
6. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
7. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others
Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
8. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence
permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
9. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web
site and mobile site respectively on: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions
10. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
11. There are no charges for participating in the Competition.
12. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence
will be entered into.
13. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and
sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the
Competition or in claiming the prize.
14. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other
person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall
terminate. Winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
15. A winner cannot be considered for any @VodacomRugga competition for 6 months.
16. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prizes that remain
unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the
prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize
to the next qualifying winner.
17. The Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
18. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline
acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom
reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
19. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of
the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the
participating mobile phone subscription / charges.
20. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s)
is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
21. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to
comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
22. The claim for the prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
24. The winners’ names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
25. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection
with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of
their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
26. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
27. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into.
28. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
30. All prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners’ physical address only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address .
31. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winners’ personal
information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand-to-Hand
Couriers) for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
32. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person
directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this
33. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
34. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to
any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
35. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and
sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered
(including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either
participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
36. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for
any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such
event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors
37. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or
fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify
that they are rejected.
38. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In
the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.