Vodacom All Out Rugby App - Super Rugby Final Tour
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “All Out Rugby App – Super Rugby Final Tour competition” (“the Competition”) on the All Out Rugby App, which is available on the Android and IOS App Stores.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to subscribers on any mobile network provider in South Africa and runs from 08h00 on 23 April 2016 to 23h59 on 7 June 2016 (“end date).
2. For the period stipulated in clause 1 above, one (1) lucky entrant stand a chance of winning two (2) spots on the Vodacom Super Rugby final tour, wherever it is played in Australia or New Zealand or Argentina or Japan or South Africa on 6 August 2016, for downloading and registering on the All Out Rugby App stipulated in clause 1 above.
3. To enter:
i. Successfully get the latest Android version of the All Out Rugby App free of charge from the relevant app store.
ii. Follow the prompts and register a profile on the App;
iii. Enter your mobile number in the text box;
iv. Tick checkbox to accept T&C’s;
v. Click “Submit” to complete the registration;
4. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
5. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least 18 years or older. Friends who accompany winners to the event must also be 18 years or older due to the nature of the prize.
6. The prize includes the following:
a. Return Economy Class airline tickets for travel from Johannesburg on an airline of Vodacom’s choice. Approximate travel dates are:
Depart: 2 August 2016;
Return: 9 August 2016.
b. Final travel dates and times will be confirmed with the Prize winner and are dependent on where the final destination of the Vodacom Super Rugby Final is held.
c. Where applicable, local South African domestic return flights will be arranged from the Prize winner’s hometown (nearest airport) to Johannesburg. Flights will be booked in such a manner to coincide with the departures and arrivals of the international flights.
d. Access to business class lounges prior to departure.
e. Shared accommodation (including breakfast) for the duration of the trip at a hotel of Vodacom’s choice. (Schedule of the stay to be determined by Vodacom in accordance with dates of the final rugby game).
f. Daily drinks and meals (other than breakfast) at the hotel, final match tickets as well as any sightseeing and excursions that are part of the itinerary, will be included based on the final itinerary as determined by Vodacom.
g. Ground transport between the international airport and hotel and the hotel and the rugby stadium where the rugby match will be hosted/ to sightseeing trips on the final itinerary as determined by Vodacom.
h. Match day tickets for the final rugby game to be held on 6 August 2016. Seating and the type of tickets will be determined by Vodacom.
i. Medical and travel insurance.
j. Application fees for a visa if required.
k. All taxes related to all prizes.
l. Vodacom Super Rugby Supporters Pack.
m. Gifts and/or promotional items at Vodacom’s discretion.
7. The prize excludes the following:
a. Travel to and from the airport closest to the Prize winner’s hometown.
b. Meals outside of the agreed upon itinerary, all expenses of a personal nature, such as non-essential transport, non-scheduled sightseeing, laundry, telephone calls, gratuities, items from the mini-bar fridge, room service and any other costs not specifically included in the prize description.
c. Any other costs incurred by the Prize winner in entering or claiming the prize.
d. Any medical vaccinations if required.
8. Friends elected to travel with the prize winner may not be younger than 18 years of age due to the nature of the prize.
9. The prize winner and his / her friend must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit and a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of international travel, as stipulated in clause 6(a) above. The expiry date for passports must not be earlier than 1 March 2017.
10. The prize winner and his / her friend must also be in possession of valid passports with no restrictions to travel to Australia/New Zealand/Argentina/Japan, and to claim the Prize, the prize winner and his / her friend must be issued with the required visas to travel (refer clause 6(j) above). Should the prize winner not qualify for the necessary visa, he / she will forfeit the prize and Vodacom may in the exercise of its discretion nominate another winner.
11. The prize winner and his / her selected friend must be eligible to travel, have no criminal warrant, and / or health issues that prohibit them to travel internationally.
12. The prize winner and his / her elected friend must be available to travel between 2 August 2016 (approximate date of departure) and 9 August 2016 (approximate date of return), as stipulated in clause 6(a) above. Should the prize winner not be available to utilize the prize during this period, he / she will forfeit the prize and Vodacom may in the exercise of its discretion nominate another winner.
13. The prize winner will not be allowed to make changes/request changes to reservations for accommodation, hotels or airline services made by Vodacom. Should the prize winner wish to extend his / her trip either prior to or after the arranged tour will be allowed to do so, however, all costs related to any changes will be for the prize winner’s account. Changes will only be permitted on the basis that the prize winner and his/her partner attend the tour as determined by Vodacom. No changes will be permitted during the travel period. In the event that the prize winner or his/her partner has to leave the trip while still on tour for whatsoever reason, the prize winner will be responsible for all costs involved related to any changes that need to be made.
14. Vodacom will share the personal details of the prize winner and his / her friend, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number (local & international travel) passport number, residential address, bank statements (international travel) with a Vodacom approved agency (Openfield Marketing Johannesburg) in order to make travel arrangements for the prize Winner and his / her friend and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment.
15. Travel arrangements, accommodation and flight reservations and application for Visas (if required) include disclosing winners personal detail such as name, surname, ID number, contact number, passport number, residential address and bank statements to the relevant countries’ embassy, travel and tour operators (local or abroad) and hotels (local or abroad) and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment. The prize Winner and his / her friend will be informed of the specific details of travel and tour operators, airlines and hotels when they are notified that they have won. Vodacom will also provide an itinerary.
16. Vodacom will facilitate the application for Visas if applicable. Should for whatever reason, the Visa application be denied or not issued timeously, Vodacom cannot be held liable in anyway and the winner will his / her prize.
17. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
18. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (New Media Publishing) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
19. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition. (Refer clause 9 above for eligibility to qualify to stand a chance to win the Prize.)
20. The winners must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
21. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
22. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
23. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
24. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
25. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved agency (Openfield Marketing Johannesburg) to notify winners that they have won and you hereby accept and agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment.
26. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
27. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
28. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 1 (one) normal working week day after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
29. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
30. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
31. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
32. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
33. Vodacom will provide all winners details to their officially appointed sponsorship agency – Openfield Marketing Johannesburg - who will contact the winners and make all the arrangements related to the winner’s prizes.
34. The claim for prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
35. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
36. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners after a period of two (2) normal working days subsequent to notification of the respective winners.
37. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
38. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
39. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
40. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. Winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
41. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, prizes that remain unclaimed/ undeliverable after three (3) months of the end date, or after the date of the launch event, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the respective prizes to the next qualifying winner.
42. If the winner cannot accept any prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
43. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or claiming the prize.
44. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
45. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
46. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
47. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
49. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winners’ personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand to Hand Couriers) for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
50. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
51. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
52. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
53. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
54. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.