Spar Music Festival Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Shop Giyani “Spar Music Festival” Competition (“the Competition”) at the Vodacom Shop in Giyani, Limpopo.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers who sign up for a new Vodacom contract, upgrade an existing contract, or purchase any Vodacom products promoted as November and / or December specials (the “Special”) from 09h00 on 11 November 2016 to 17h00 on 18 December 2016 (the “End Date) (the “Competition Period”), at the Vodacom Shop in Giyani.
2. Sixty (60) lucky winners will each receive two (2) tickets to the value of R150 (one hundred and fifty Rand) for the pair of tickets, to the Spar Music Festival to be held in Thoyandou, Venda on 26 December 2016 (the “Prize”). Travel to and from the venue is for the account of the individual winners.
3. To enter:
3.1. Visit the Vodacom Shop in Giyani and sign up for, upgrade to, or purchase a Special during the Competition Period;
3.2. Complete the competition card in-store;
3.3. Place the completed card in the in-store competition box in order to stand a chance to qualify for the Prize;
4. The lucky winners will be randomly drawn in-store on 19 December 2016 on or about 10h00.
5. The winners will be notified that they have been selected to win one of the Prizes on the cell phone number provided when completing the in-store card, for a period of 48 hours after the draw date as above.
6. The Prize will be handed to the qualifying winners at the Vodacom Shop in Giyani, and must be collected before 12h00 on 23 December 2016.
7. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by the Vodacom Shop in Giyani.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
11. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
12. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
13. There are no additional charges other than the 99 cents per week subscription for participating in the Competition.
14. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or claiming the Prize.
15. All risks and ownership of the Prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the Prize shall terminate.
16. Notwithstanding the fact that the Prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any Prizes that remain unclaimed/ undelivered or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the Prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the Prize to the next qualifying winner.
17. Should any participant reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the Prize, that person's right to the Prize will be deemed to have been waived and the Prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the Prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the Prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the Prize.
21. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any Prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
22. The claim for the Prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the Prize and a new winner will be drawn, and if the winner cannot accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
23. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
24. No Prize is transferable or exchangeable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
25. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the Prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
30. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
31. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
32. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the Prize.
33. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award any Prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
35. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.