TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Vodacom is running the Competition
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 09h00 on 10 March 2016 to 18h00 on 14 April 2016 and is open to residents in South Africa who are subscribed to any mobile network provider in South Africa.
2. The Competition is only open to natural persons.
3. Three (3) winners will have their artwork depicted on one (1) of the Towers as part of Vodacom’s Soweto Tower’s rebranding project. In addition, each of the three (3) winners will also receive a cash prize of R10,000 (ten thousand Rand). The depiction of the successful entrants’ artwork on the tower, together with the said cash prize, will henceforth, be referred to as “the Prize”.
4. Successful entrants stand a chance of having their artwork, whether partial or amended, depicted on the Soweto Tower, for a period of up to four (4) years at Vodacom’s discretion
5. To enter:
i. Collect the entry form at Jozi FM (Ekhaya Center, 1st Floor, Office 12, 2212 Mahalefele Drive, Dube, Meadowlands, Soweto, 1801)
ii. Submit your artwork, along with your filled in entry form, at Jozi FM, in any medium, e.g charcoal, pain, ink, etc.
iii. No digital submissions will be accepted.
6. Entrants may submit more than one design.
7. A panel comprising of three (3) artists, and representatives of Vodacom and their advertising agency (“the Panel”), will make the final selections to be used on the Tower.
8. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
11. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
12. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
14. Vodacom will contact the winner during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the end date, using the cell phone number provided on their entry form.
15. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact number provided as above. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after their artwork has been selected as the winner.
16. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
17. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
18. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his/ her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he/ she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his/ her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
19. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
20. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winners’ names, photos and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners from 01 June 2016 to end of May 2017.
22. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
23. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
24. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries.
25. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the competition.
26. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable for compensation to any of the winners as a result of the use of the artwork depicted on one (1) of the Towers as part of Vodacom’s Soweto Tower’s rebranding project, for a period of four (4) years.
27. The three (3) winners agree that the said artwork becomes the exclusive property, including all intellectual property rights, of Vodacom.
28. The three (3) winners furthermore agree that the Panel may amend the winning artwork in order to the comprise the final creative output on the Tower.
29. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
30. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
31. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.