Vodacom NXT LVL Start a squad Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “NXT LVL Start a Squad” Promotional Competition (“the Competition”) on the NXT LVL tariff plan.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa and who have moved or are on the NXT LVL tariff plan from 31 January 2017 – 31 January 2018 at any participating Vodacom store in the Eastern Cape province.
2. During the period of the Competition, and commencing on 28 February 2017, one (1) Start a Squad group, consisting of six (6) participants, will each month stand a chance of winning 1G data per month for a period of 12 months per Squad member. No voice, data and/or SIM included. Unused data will roll over from month to month during the twelve (12) month period, but unused data will be forfeited after the twelve (12) month period. The total collective value of prize awarded to a Start a Squad group is R5395.
3. To enter:
3.1. A person that is, or who have moved on to the NXT LVL tariff plan during the terms of the Competition (the “Initiator”) must bring five (5) of his / her friends (the “Start a Squad”) to a participating Vodacom Store in the Eastern Cape province, and all six (6) members of the Start a Squad must be on or move to the NXT LVL tariff plan to be eligible to enter the Competition;
3.2. The Initiator must register the members of his / her Start a Squad group in-store;
3.3. At least three (3) members of a Start a Squad group must buy either a data bundle or 90 minutes airtime, for R6, for the particular Start a Squad to be eligible to enter the Competition;
4. Monthly, the winning Start a Squad will be drawn by way of a monthly randomised draw. The first draw will take place on 28 February 2017, and the last draw will take place on 31 January 2018.
5. Each of the six (6) participants of a particular Start a Squad group may be an Initiator of only one (1) Start a Squad group, and a member of two (2) Start a Squad groups. Any participant can thus enter the Competition for a maximum of three (3) times, subject to the terms of this Competition.
6. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least 18 years and not older than 25 years of age. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
7. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The winners will be randomly selected monthly, as stipulated in clause 4 above, from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winners will be notified within seven (7) working days after he / she has been selected and verified as a winner.
9. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
10. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
11. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
12. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners may collect their prizes from the nearest participating Vodacom store, after notification.
13. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of seven (7) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
14. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
15. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
16. Each winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as a qualifying entrant to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
17. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
19. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
20. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
21. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on the Vodacom website after a period of ten (10) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
22. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
23. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
24. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by the regional Vodacom team for the purpose of running the Competition only.
25. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
27. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
28. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions.
29. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
30. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
31. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prizes.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
35. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
36. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
37. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.