Huawei Super Rugby Rugby Jersey & Vodacom Durban July
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Red “Huawei Super Rugby Rugby Jersey & Durban July” Promotional Competition (the “Competition”) for customers who reside in South Africa and who sign up, or upgrade, to the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus on any Vodacom Red package.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 12h00 on 15 May 2017 to 17h00 on 11 June 2017 (the “End Date”) and is only open to customers who reside in South Africa and who sign up, or upgrade, to the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus on any Vodacom Red package during the competition period.
2. Upon signing up, or upgrading to, the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus on any Vodacom Red package, qualifying customers -
2.1. will get the FREE Huawei P8 Lite, valued at R2999, including a FREE Huawei Flexi 55 with R1320 Free airtime in total over 24 months (R55 free airtime monthly);
2.2. will also receive one (1) free Super Rugby jersey of their choice:
2.2.1. In order to receive the jersey at no cost, the customer will be required to take out a new, or upgrade their current, contract to one of our Red packages for 24 months according to the applicable rules. Prepaid customers migrating to a Red plan will also be liable to receive a Super Rugby jersey;
2.2.2. Upon verification and activation of new/upgrade Vodacom Red clients’ accounts, the customers will receive communication in the form of SMS or E-mail in line with their preferred communication preferences as provided to the Vodacom consultant upon concluding the Red package contract, and a unique promotional code, as well as a link to the jersey redemption website, will be included in the mentioned communication;
2.2.3. Once the customer lands on the Vodacom website, they will be directed to a third party website should they consent to do so. The redemption of the code will be done in the Vodacom appointed third party website address where customers will be redirected to and enter their unique code to redeem their Super Rugby team replica jersey;
2.2.4. The unique code can only be used once;
2.2.5. After entering their unique code on the website the users are to select one of the six Vodacom Super Rugby 2017 home team jerseys:
22.214.171.124. Vodacom Bulls;
126.96.36.199. Emirates Lions;
188.8.131.52. Toyota Cheetahs;
184.108.40.206. Southern Kings;
220.127.116.11. DHL Stormers;
18.104.22.168. Cell C Sharks;
2.2.6. The Vodacom Red client has to choose between a men’s or ladies style in a variety of available sizes.
2.2.7. In order to fulfill the requirements of this promotion, Vodacom will collect the following information which will also be shared with the appointed third party website in order to facilitate the redemption of the prize:
22.214.171.124. Possible Delivery times;
User data collected via the Promotion will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Promotion only.
2.3. will automatically be entered into the draw to stand a chance to be one of the ten (10) lucky customers who could win an all-expenses paid VIP experience to the Vodacom Durban July 2017 (the “Vodacom Durban July”):
2.3.1. Two (2) tickets per winner to the Vodacom Durban July taking place on Saturday, 1st of July 2017 in Durban at Greyville Race Track;
2.3.2. Two (2) tickets to the Vodacom VIP Paddock which includes lunch, dinner and drinks (as provided by Vodacom on the day)
126.96.36.199. Event time is from 10h00 until 23h00;
2.3.3. Return economy flights for two people from any major city in South Africa to Durban and return;
188.8.131.52. Flight bookings will be made on the winner behalf and is subject to availability of the airlines. No flight time slots can be guaranteed;
184.108.40.206. The winner is responsible to get him / herself to the relevant airport near their home town. These costs are for the winners;
220.127.116.11. In the event that the winners miss their flights due to their own negligence, the winner will be responsible for all costs related to securing new flights;
2.3.4. Accommodation for two people on a sharing (twin or double), a bed and breakfast basis in Durban for two nights at the 5 star Beverly Hills Hotel which is Friday, 30 June 2017 and Saturday, 1 July 2017;
2.3.5. Dinner for two people to the value of R 600 on Friday, 30 June 2017 will be provided;
18.104.22.168. The dinner venue details will be confirmed and will be at Vodacom’s discretion;
2.3.6. The following transfers will be arranged on behalf of the winners:
22.214.171.124. King Shaka Airport to the Hotel;
126.96.36.199. Hotel to the dinner venue;
188.8.131.52. Dinner venue to the hotel;
184.108.40.206. Hotel to Greyville Race Track;
220.127.116.11. Greyville Race Track to the Hotel;
18.104.22.168. Hotel to King Shaka Airport;
22.214.171.124. Vodacom will provide the type of transfers (vehicles) at their discretion.
2.3.7. The winners will be responsible for their own dress / suite / outfits / make-up for the day;
2.3.8. In the event that the winner wishes to make changes to any of the details of the prize such as upgrading flights to business class, to extending accommodation, separate accommodation etc. this will be for their own cost and needs to be communicated with Vodacom within a reasonable time to allow for the arrangements to be made;
2.3.9. The winner is responsible for all costs that fall outside the prize as indicated above.
2.3.10. The total value of the prize is estimated at R 40 000 (forty thousand rand);
2.3.11. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other material exchange;
2.3.12. The prize is not transferrable;
2.3.13. The prize is exclusive to Vodacom subscribers;
2.3.14. Should Vodacom wish to include any other gifts / benefits to the winner and/or partner, this will be at Vodacom’s discretion;
3. To enter:
3.1. Customers will have to sign up, or upgrade, to the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus on any Vodacom Red package, during the term of the Competition, will -
3.1.1. qualify for a FREE Huawei P8 Lite, valued at R2999, including a FREE Huawei Flexi 55 with R1320 Free airtime in total over 24 months (R55 free airtime monthly); and
3.1.2. receive one (1) free Super Rugby jersey, as set out in clause 2.2 above;
3.1.3. stand a chance to win one of the ten (10) all-expenses paid VIP experiences to the Vodacom Durban July, as set out in clause 2.3 above;
4. The Competition is only open to customers who reside in South Africa and who sign up, or upgrade, to the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus on any Vodacom Red package, during the term of the Competition Vodacom subscribers.
5. Vodacom will randomly select the ten (10) Vodacom July winners by means of an electronic randomiser after the End Date, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The winners will be notified within three (3) days after being selected and verified.
6. If selected as a winner, entrants must send the requested contact details within five (5) calendar days of being contacted by Vodacom.
7. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
9. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
10. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
11. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
12. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
14. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
15. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prizes that remain unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
16. The Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
17. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone subscription / charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
21. The claim for the prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
22. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
23. The winners’ names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
24. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
26. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
29. In order to effect arrangements required for the fulfilment of the prize in terms of this promotion, Vodacom shall provide the participants' personal information, such as name, contact number, address to a Vodacom appointed courier company to deliver the prize and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the delivery of the prize to you. Delivery will only be made within South Africa.
30. Your selected team jersey will be delivered via a door to door third party courier service provider within 120 hours from submission. Excluding weekends and public holidays. Subject to stock availability.
31. Customers will receive their redemption codes via SMS which can take up to 3 days after the customer has activate their new Red plan.
32. In the eventuality of a stock shortage of the selected jersey the Vodacom Red client will be advised immediately and offered the choice to select an alternative jersey. Should the user still want to proceed with the original choice, the maximum delivery time will be eight (8) weeks. In the case that there’s shortages of the jerseys, customers will be notified and will be awarded with a prize of the same value as the jersey.
33. Redemption of the jerseys is restricted to thirty (30) days after the Vodacom Super Rugby Final is played, regardless of if the final is played outside of South Africa’s borders.
34. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
35. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
36. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Promotion, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Promotion or from claiming the prize.
37. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
38. Vodacom reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice in the event that the Promotion is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Vodacom.
39. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions, Vodacom's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
41. Vodacom may refuse to give any Prize if the qualifying procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject /withhold any prize for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
42. Vodacom Red customers will be able to log a customer query or complaint using the below details: General and delivery queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 064 626 8612.
43. All information relating to the Competition and published on any promotional material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. For the full terms and conditions on the Red packages please visit vodacom.co.za