#Back2School 2017 Social Media Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom #Back2School Competition (“the Competition”) on the Vodacom Twitter account, https:// www.twitter.com/vodacom.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs daily (normal working week days only) from 09h00 – 17h59 from 9 January 2017 to 27 January 2017 (the “End Date”) and is only open to customers on all mobile networks in South Africa.
2. In total, forty four (44) lucky entrants each stand a chance of winning one (1) of the daily Edcon Vouchers valued at R2500 (the “Edcon Voucher(s)”):
9 – 26 January : three (3) Edcon Vouchers per normal working week day;
27 January : 2 Edcon Vouchers per day.
3. To enter to qualify for one of the Edcon Vouchers listed above in clause 2:
i. visit https:// www.twitter.com/vodacom;
ii. engage with @Vodacom and retweet a message from Vodacom, using the hashtag, #Back2School (the “Qualifying Retweet”);
4. Winners will be determined based on reaching the predetermined number of Qualifying Retweets that will be set for each day of the Competition. The entrant that reached/ retweeted the set number of qualifying retweets for any specific day, will be declared the winner.
5. Entrants may not un-retweet retweets.
6. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they wish. Each qualifying retweet effectively allows participants one (1) entry per day for the duration of the Competition. Standard data rates apply when retweeting to enter the Competition.
7. The Edcon Vouchers pin numbers will be sent to lucky winners via email on the email address, or SMSed on the mobile number provided, in response to the congratulatory tweet.
8. All Edcon Vouchers are valid until 2020 from the date of issue and Edcon Terms and Conditions associated with the Edcon Vouchers will apply.
9. The customer must present the Reward voucher in-store in order to qualify to redeem the voucher.
The discount voucher code may not be transferred by any means to anyone else.
The discount voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including in-store discount promotions.
The discount voucher cannot be
(1) used to pay an Edcon account;
(2) exchanged for cash;
(3) used to purchase cellular products (handsets and airtime); Laptops, Printers, Digital Devices or Gaming Consoles.
(4) used to purchase gift cards; or
(5) used to purchase 3rd party items such as electricity, DSTV subscriptions, event tickets or other similar items.
The Reward voucher is valid until 28 February 2017 and may only be used once.
Unused Reward vouchers will not be redeemable after the expiry date.
Should the Reward voucher code be deleted or the customer’s cellphone lost/stolen, neither Edcon nor Vodacom will be liable for any reimbursement of any nature.
10. Recipients of the Edcon Vouchers will be able to redeem the Edcon Vouchers by shopping at any of the following Edcon stores: Edgars; Jet; can; Red Square; Legit; Boardmans; and Edgars Active.
11. Winners are allowed to win more than once during the term of the Competition.
12. When a participant hits the predetermined retweet target for any specific gift of the day(s) he/ she will receive a congratulatory tweet informing him/ her that he / she is the winner. This tweet will also include a picture of the Edcon Voucher that the entrant has won. Entrants must then send the requested contact details within1 day (24 hours) of receiving their winning tweet in order for prize fulfilment process to be concluded.
13. Should any participant not respond withing the timeframe stipulated in clause 11 above or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
14. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Cerebra Communications) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
15. Winners will also be required to provide Cerebra with contact details (full name, mobile number and email address) and entrants hereby accept and agree to this disclosure in order to effect prize fulfilment.
16. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
17. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
18. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
19. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
20. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s existing tariff plan for data use.
21. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
23. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Winners will be informed of for arrangements in respect of delivery/ prize redemption when they are notified that they have won.
24. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prizes that remain unclaimed after the expiry date of the Edcon Voucher or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
25. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
26. The winners’ names may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
27. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
28. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
29. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
32. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
33. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
34. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
35. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
36. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
37. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
38. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.