Bold network claims’ disclaimers
On various marketing communication and customer touchpoints, we make confident use of bold claims about our network statistics and performance. To show that our claims are substantiated with real facts and figures, here’s a list of claims and the independent research which supports them:
1. The reference to Vodacom as “SA’s best network” is based on July 2016 to December 2016 OOKLA data which proves that Vodacom offers the fastest mobile Internet data speed in South Africa.
2. The statement “with the least dropped calls” is verified by independent research. Terms and conditions apply.
3. The claim “Cape’s best network” is based on July 2016 to December 2016 OOKLA data which confirms that Vodacom offers the fastest mobile Internet data speed in South Africa, and that the Vodacom network offers the fastest comparative speeds in the Cape.
4. The reference to “99% Internet coverage” is used because the Vodacom network infrastructure covers more than 99% of the South African population with mobile data services; 2G, 3G, and LTE.
5. The claim “fastest Internet speed” is based on July 2016 to December 2016 OOKLA data which confirms that the Vodacom network in South Africa offered the fastest mobile Internet data (LTE) speed in South Africa.
SA’s first and Best 4G Network*. This is based on July to December 2016 Ookla Speedtest Intelligence data. Speedtest is a trademark of Ookla, LLC. Used under license.