Airtime Advance Terms and Conditions
By subscribing to the Vodacom Airtime Advance (“the Services”), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Service is available to Vodacom Prepaid customers with the following qualifying criteria:
a. Must have been active on the Vodacom network for a period of 6 months or longer;
b. Customers must have a minimum cumulative recharge of R29 per month for at least 3 months in a row.
c. An objective criteria is applied to ensure sustainable provision of the airtime service, so if you meet the activity and recharge criteria but still can’t use the service now then keep recharging and check back in a month or two.
2. The Service is also available to uChoose and Top Up customers with the following qualifying criteria:
a. Account must have been paid up to the month prior;
3. Only eligible Vodacom Prepaid, uChoose and Top up customers will be offered the service
4. Non-qualifying but eligible customers can try again once they have met the qualification criteria indicated in 1a and 1b
5. The Airtime Advance service can be taken up by the customer directly using USSD *111*082# (*135*082#) or through My Phone menu (*111# or *135 #).
6. Customers will be given a total Airtime Advance limit depending on their specific profile.
Prepaid customers can take multiple Airtime Advances or Data Advances up to their total limit.
7. uChoose/TopUp customers can only take one Airtime or Data Advance at a time and must fully pay an outstanding Airtime or Data Advance before taking another Airtime or Data Advance.
8. Each advance, whether Airtime Advance or Data Advance, will incur a R1 Access Fee for providing the Service. The Access Fee means the fee for the provision of the following:
a. Any bearer costs;
b. Any third party costs; and/or
c. Costs of deploying, operating and maintaining the airtime advance infrastructure , and a special algorithm developed to ensure the sustainable provision of the product.
9. Provision of the Airtime Advance or Data Advance service will involve the processing of your personal information. Please find Vodacom’s Privacy Statement here.
10. Airtime Advance can be taken in denominations of R5, R10 and R20 (VAT Inclusive), to qualifying customers.
11. The Airtime Advance facility can be used for any transaction i.e. Voice, Data, and SMS.
12. Customers will be allowed to transfer airtime from their Airtime Advance as per the current Airtime Transfer business rules.
13. Airtime Advance will be seen as a normal recharge in the customer’s account
14. No recharge benefits/incentives such as Night Shift, Talking Points or Extra Airtime will be allocated for an airtime advance. These benefits/incentives will be triggered once a recharge is made to pay the airtime advance.
15. Customers can take Data Advances in the following denominations:
a. 20MB valued at R5
b. 60MB valued at R9
c. 100MB valued at R14
16. These data allocations will be standard data allocations and will be valid until 23h59 (i.e. midnight) on the day of allocation
17. The allocated data cannot be used for data roaming
18. The allocated data cannot be transferred to another customer.
19. Allocated data will not trigger any recharge or bundle purchase promotions/incentives (e.g. Talking Points, Night Shift, etc.)
20. Outstanding Airtime Advance or Data Advances will be deducted from ANY recharges, including Airtime Transfers, CRM recharge incentives.
21. An access fee of R1.00 (VAT Inclusive) over and above the Airtime Advance amount or Data Advance value will be recovered per advance in order to cater for costs incurred as per clause 10 above.
22. The payment of the Airtime and/or Data Advance will work as follows:
Example A: If a customer has taken a R10 Airtime Advance and recharges R20, only R9 will be left due to the following:
The R10 (Airtime Advance) + R1 (access fee) = R11 will be deducted leaving him with a balance of R9.
Example B: If the customer has taken R5 Data Advance and recharges R6, nil amount will be left due to the following:
The R5 (Data Advance) + R1 (access fee) = R6 will be deducted leaving a balance of R0.
23. Should the customer recharge with a lower denomination than that of the full value of the payable Airtime Advance or Data Advance, the full recharge will be deducted until the total cumulative value of the payable amount has been paid.
24. Prepaid customers can take out additional advances up to their total limit (if available). uChoose/TopUp customers can only take one advance at a time, and will have to pay the advance plus access fee before taking another advance.
25. For uChoose/TopUp customers the Airtime and Data Advance value must be paid within the calendar month of the request, should the customer not recharge and/or the full value is not paid within the calendar month, the outstanding amount will be added to the customer’s monthly bill for that calendar month which will become due and payable on their next payment.
26. Prepaid customers with an Airtime Advance or Data Advance payable at next recharge who wish to migrate to Top Up or Contract will be allowed to do so, and the airtime advance plus access fee will be added to their first month’s invoice.
27. If a customer takes Airtime Advance or Data Advances to a value that is at their total limit they will not be able to take additional advances until they have recharged and paid a portion or all of their advance airtime.
28. Customers will receive a confirmation SMS in the following scenarios:
a. When their account has been credited with the Airtime Advance amount;
b. On recharge and the Airtime Advance deduction has been made and when the full amount of the Airtime Advance has been paid.
c. uChoose/TopUp customers will receive a message indicating that any airtime advance will be added to their monthly invoice (per clause 25).
29. Vodacom has the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time with the method of notice determined by Vodacom. Any material amendments or changes to these terms and conditions will be communicated to you in writing on prior notice.