6 Months Free Cover 4U & Your Family Terms and Conditions
Summary of benefits
What you need to know
About this Vodacom Funeral Cover offering
This benefit’s simple. In the event of your death, your partner’s or your children’s death, we’ll pay out your Funeral Cover benefit either to you, your beneficiary or to your estate. To verify the exact amount that you qualify for please call our call centre on 082 178 00 or refer to the Cover Amount table below. The funeral benefit is valid from the date of the confirmation SMS that will be sent to you on activation of this benefit. All policies become effective on the 1st day of the month following the Vodacom contract activation or upgrade. The funeral cover benefit is valid for 6 months from date of activation.
About the cost of the benefit
Vodacom has negotiated a group life policy with Vodacom Life Assurance Company. We’ll pay the monthly premium on your behalf as part of the 24-month Vodacom deal purchased. You will receive the Vodacom Funeral Cover at no additional cost to yourself.
The Cover Amount Table stipulates the benefit amount that will be paid out on a successful claim.
Main Person Covered:
* Partner means the person you are married to (whether by civil, customary, religious, or common law union). A maximum of one Partner is allowed on one policy.
**We will cover up to 5 (five) of your own biological, legally adopted and/or step children up to the age of 21.
A maximum of 7 (seven) claims will be paid on one policy
About the requirements to qualify for the benefit
• You will only enjoy this benefit if you have activated a qualifying Vodacom airtime/data contract that includes the Vodacom Funeral Cover benefit.
• This policy will cover you, one Partner, and up to 5 (five) of your own biological, legally adopted and/ or step children. A maximum of 7 (seven) successful claims will be paid on the policy.
• If you leave the Vodacom network or migrate to a Vodacom Contract tariff plan, you and your family’s cover will come to an end.
• You must have a valid South African Identity Document and must be between 18 and 60 to be eligible for cover.
• You must specify your partner by adding their details via USSD by dialing *111*278#. A claim for your partner will not be processed if you have not specified one.
• For this offer, you can only activate one Vodacom Funeral Cover 4 You and your Family benefit. If you activate more than one qualifying contract, only one activation will be allowed per person.
• We will not pay out if your death is a result of suicide, deliberate involvement in an illegal act, riot, civil commotion, terrorist attack, or war.
Adding a beneficiary
The Vodacom Funeral Cover will pay out into your estate unless you provide us with details of your beneficiary. You can update your beneficiary details by dialing *111*287#
• A claim waiting period applies to every person covered under this policy, including Partner and children.
There is a 3 (three) month claim waiting period for death as a result of natural causes. However, if death is as a result of an accident (such as a car accident), we will pay out within the first 3 (three) months after cover has started.
Questions you may have
You can review your benefit by dialing *111*287#. If you have any questions on this Vodacom Funeral Cover, call us on 082 178 00. You can also visit us at www.vodacom.co.za/insurance for any other information you may need.
Claiming or complaining
Should you die, your beneficiary will need to call us on 082 178 00 or e-mail us at email@example.com. We’ll tell them what documents they’ll need to give us so we can settle the claim quickly.
Important claim time limits
We need to be informed of your death within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days of it happening. If we’re not informed in time by your beneficiary or estate, the claim could be declined.
We allow 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days from the date of the communication of our decision for your beneficiary or estate to question our decision on a claim. If we still decline the claim, and they want to start a legal process, they’ll have an additional 90 (ninety) days to do so.
For complaints and compliance
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please contact us using the following:
…is to give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details:
PO Box 3034
Call: 082 178 00
Fax: +27 21 465 3920
…if complaints about our service don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re accountable to the FAIS Ombud. Their contact details are as follows:
Office of the FAIS Ombud
PO Box 74571
Call: 0860 324 766
Fax: +27 12 348 3447
…if complaints about our products don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re also accountable to the Long-Term Insurance Ombud. Their contact details are as follows:
Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance
Private Bag x45
Call: 0860 103 236
Fax: +27 21 674 0951
Vodacom Life Assurance has appointed FRANK.Net as our administrator. Should you purchase this benefit, your personal details will be passed to our appointed administrator to process and service this benefit. Please note that your acceptance of this benefit constitutes your consent in this regard.