Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Summer 2015 Takealot vouchers Promotion (“the Promotion”) where customers signing up for or upgrade to new Vodacom mobile contracts online via the Vodacom online store on http://www.vodacom.co.za/summer could be awarded with Takealot.com online shopping vouchers.
All participants during the term of the Promotion agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promotion runs from 08h00 on 9 November 2015 until all vouchers have been awarded (“end date”).
2. The first one hundred and sixty four (164) customers who successfully sign up for or upgrade to a new Vodacom mobile contract via the Vodacom Online store from 9 November 2015 (“qualifying customers”) will receive one (1) Takealot online shopping voucher, collectively referred to as “promotional rewards” as stipulated below:
- the first eighty three (83) qualifying customers each will receive one (1) Takealot online shopping voucher to the value of one thousand five hundred rand (R1500.00).
- the next fifty seven (57) qualifying customers each will receive one (1) Takealot online shopping voucher to the value of one thousand rand (R1000.00).
- the next twenty four (24) qualifying customers each will receive one (1) Takelot online shopping voucher to the value of five hundred rand (R500.00).
3. To qualify :
i. successfully (processed and approved) sign up for or upgrade via the Vodacom Online store (“participating store”) to any 24 month mobile contract (data and/ or voice) on the Summer promotional page (http://www.vodacom.co.za/summer ) from 9 November 2015 (“qualifying contract”) until all promotional rewards have been awarded.
4. Cash sales and migrations do not qualify to be entered and will not qualify for promotional rewards.
5. The qualifying customers will be awarded with the promotional rewards based on the date and time that they have signed up for the qualifying contract as specified in clause 2 and 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Recipients of the promotional rewards will be notified via SMS on the mobile number associated with the qualifying contract that they have qualified that they have won.
7. Takelot online shopping voucher pin numbers will be sent to recipients via SMS on the mobile number associated with the qualifying contract. .
8. All promotional rewards are valid until 2017 from the date of issue and Takealot.com Terms and Conditions associated with a specific voucher will apply.
9. Recipients of the promotional rewards will be able to redeem the vouchers by shopping online at http://www.takelot.com
10. Each qualifying contract as stipulated in clause 3 qualifies for one (1) promotional reward.
11. The Promotion is only open to natural persons 18 years or older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
12. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they like,
13. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
14. Recipients of the promotional awards must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
15. Recipients of promotional rewards must comply with these Terms and Conditions to qualify and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to be awarded the promotional awards.
16. There are no additional charges to participate or qualify for the Promotion.
17. All risks and ownership of the promotional rewards shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Promotion as well as in regard to the promotional rewards shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the distribution of promotional awards at the time of contacting the recipient.
18. Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the recipient immediately upon the determination of the results, any promotional reward that remains unclaimed/ undeliverable after a month of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the promotional reward despite having been advised that he / she has qualified to receive the promotional reward, will be forfeited.
19. If a recipient cannot accept the promotional reward for any reason whatsoever, the promotional reward will be awarded to the next qualifying participant.
20. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the promotional reward will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
21. Only participants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible for a promotional reward. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
22. The promotional reward is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
23. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the promotional reward will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
27. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
28. The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
29. Vodacom shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the recipients of reward for participating in the Promotion or in claiming the promotional rewards.
30. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Promotion or from claiming the promotional rewards.
31. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or
misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or redemption process of the Promotion.
32. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Promotion or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the promotional rewards being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
33. Vodacom may refuse to award the promotional rewards if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
34. All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.