Win your Contract for free Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Win your Contract for free Competition (“the Competition”) where customers who connect/upgrade to a new Vodacom cell phone contract stand a chance of winning their contract (subscription value only) free for 24 months.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 09h00 on 7 November 2015 and ends on 18h00 on 6 January 2016 (“end date”).
2. One (1) lucky entrant each stands a chance of winning their contract (defined as the contract deal price at time of sign up/upgrade) daily for sixty (60) days for the period, 7 November 2015 to
6 January 2016, as stipulated in clause 1 above.
3. To enter:
i. successfully (processed and approved) sign up for or upgrade to any 24 month Vodacom mobile contract (data and/ or voice) that includes all valid Vodacom deals available in all participating Vodacom Franchise Stores (Vodacom Shops and Vodacom 4U), Chatz Stores, Vodacom Independent Dealers, National Chains (Retail outlets, i.e. Makro, Game, etc.), all approved Vodacom Post Paid Channels as well as the Vodacom Online Store on http://www.vodacom.co.za/ (“participating stores”).from 7 November 2015 to 6 January 2016 (“qualifying contract”).
4. Cash sales and migrations do not qualify to be entered and will be excluded from winning in this Competition.
5. The winners will be randomly selected by means of an electronic random draw selection each week from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions as per the schedule below:
Start time: Start date: End date – until 23h59 on:
Week 1 09h00 07-Nov-15 14-Nov-15
Week 2 09h00 15-Nov-15 22-Nov-15
Week 3 09h00 23-Nov-15 30-Nov-15
Week 4 09h00 01-Dec-15 08-Dec-15
Week 5 09h00 09-Dec-15 16-Dec-15
Week 6 09h00 09-Dec-15 16-Dec-15
Week 7 09h00 17-Dec-15 24-Dec-15
Week 8 09h00 25-Dec-15 01-Jan-16
Week 9 09h00 01-Jan-16 06-Jan-16
6. Each qualifying contract as stipulated in clause 3 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition.
7. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
9. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they like, but are only eligible to win once for the duration of the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
11. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
12. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
13. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Data charges as per user’s existing tariff price plan apply when signing up or upgrading via the Vodacom Online Store.
14. Winners will receive their prize as a credit to their monthly account from Vodacom– i.e. the full subscription amount of the contract the winner upgraded to and/or new contract signed up for. Any additional usage on the account and/or services consumed from Vodacom will not be included in the prize.
15. The winner will be contacted during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the draw date, using the cell phone number associated with his/ her entry into the Competition.
16. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after his/ her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
17. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
18. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
19. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
20. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
21. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
22. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
23. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
24. The winner’s names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners as well as Vodacom Social Media Assets as well as on screens/in store TV within Vodacom Approved sales channels.
25. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
26. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
30. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
31. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
32. Vodacom shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
33. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
34. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or
misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
35. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
36. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
37. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
38. Vodacom reserves its rights on whether or not to grant the prize to any winners who may have already default on their existing accounts– standard terms & conditions for remedy per Vodacom contract & upgrade application documentation.