Accessible mobile communications for the Specific Needs of customers with disabilities.
- Dedicated team of specialists
- Access to cellular products and services designed to meet Specific Needs
- Tailored to visually impaired, hearing impaired, and senior citizens
Mobile Manufacturers Forum
Find out more about the features that are making cellphones more accessible to people with disabilities
Vodacom provides accessible mobile communication and a dedicated team of specialists focus on the Specific Needs of customers with disabilities. Vodacom, in partnership with various disability organizations and individuals, provides customers who are visually impaired, deaf and hearing impaired, as well as senior citizens easy access to a range of mobile products and services designed to meet their individual needs. Vodacom offers a wide range of phones, services and price plans, so that you can find one that suits your specific needs.
Vodacom is dedicated to providing products and services that increase accessibility to communication for customers who are blind or partially sighted. Handsets with inclusive design features for blind and partially sighted customers include:
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (touch screen) with VoiceOver
VoiceOver is already built in the iPhone and just need to be switched ON
To learn more about VoiceOver; the gesture-based screen reader, click here
These text-to-speech programmes gives audio feedback on amongst other: contact list, messages and notifications, menus, emails, internet pages and names of apps such as Facebook.
Current iPhone 4s Mobile Phones
The iPhone 4s 8GB with VoiceOver is once again available at Vodacom Shops and Vodacom 4U stores.
The iPhone 4s (8GB) is the most affordable iPhone yet.
This handset is an entry level touch screen phone for both blind & partially sighted users.
Note that these phones are only available while stock lasts.
Click here to view the online deal.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphones (touch screen) with TalkBack
- TalkBack is already built in the Samsung phones and just need to be switched ON
- To learn more about TalkBack; the gesture-based screen reader, click here
Vodafone Smart 6 with TalkBack
TalkBack is already built in the Vodafone Smart 6 Smartphone and just need to be switched on – under the Settings and Accessibility Menus.
This Smartphone is currently the most accessible affordable Smartphone for the visually impaired.
Click here to view the online deal
We realise that as people get older, they experience capability loss which makes it more difficult to use a mobile phone.
- Call 12580 free from your Vodacom phone, or 082 12580 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
- E-mail email@example.com
- SMS 12580
Device Priority Repairs
We are aware that mobile devices have become a lifeline for most people and more so for persons with disabilities.
As a customer with a disability your device repair will receive priority when you book it in at one of our Customer Repair Centres.
You are welcome to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information.
What is it?
The Alcatel 2004C phone is the ideal basic and easy-to-use phone designed for the elderly whose phone is often their primary means of contact with the outside world. They use it to call friends and family, but it is also their lifeline to get help when required.
Key features of the phone:
- Large 2.4 display
- The keypad buttons as well as the font are big, bold and easily visible
- The volume is louder than usual
- The red SOS button at the back enables you to easily get help
- The wireless FM radio to keep you company
- A torch when you need more light
- It offers up to 7.4 hours of talk-time
- 2 Mpxl camera to capture memories
- A charging cradle to make charging easy
What does it cost?
Click here to access the Prepaid and Contract deals
Where do I get it?
You can purchase the phone at the following Vodacom outlets:
- Vodacom Shops
- For new contracts over the phone, dial 082 1950.
- For upgrades over the phone, dial 082 1959
Should you require more information on the Alcatel 2004C phone, you can:
- Contact Vodacom’s Specific Needs Contact Centre by dialling 12580 for free from your Vodacom mobile phone or 082 12580 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
- Email email@example.com
- SMS 12580