Accessible mobile communications for the Specific Needs of customers with disabilities.
- Dedicated team of specialists
- Access to cellular products and services designed to meet Specific Needs
- Tailored to visually impaired, hearing impaired, and senior citizens
Mobile Manufacturers Forum
Find out more about the features that are making cellphones more accessible to people with disabilities
- About Specific Needs
- Visually Impaired
- Deaf and hearing impaired
- Senior citizens
- More Information
Vodacom provides accessible mobile communication and a dedicated team of specialists focus on the Specific Needs of customers with disabilities. Vodacom, in partnership with various disability organizations and individuals, provides customers who are visually impaired, deaf and hearing impaired, as well as senior citizens easy access to a range of mobile products and services designed to meet their individual needs. Vodacom offers a wide range of phones, services and price plans, so that you can find one that suits your specific needs.
Vodacom is dedicated to providing products and services that increase accessibility to communication for customers who are blind or partially sighted. Handsets with inclusive design features for blind and partially sighted customers include:
Accessible iPhones with VoiceOver:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
Click here to view the on-line iPhone deals
VoiceOver is already built in the iPhone and just need to be switched ON
To learn more about VoiceOver; the gesture-based screen reader, click here
These text-to-speech programmes gives audio feedback on amongst other: contact list, messages and notifications, menus, emails, internet pages and names of apps such as Facebook.
Accessible Samsung Galaxy smartphones with TalkBack:
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- Samsung Galaxy J5
- TalkBack is already built in the Samsung phones and just need to be switched ON
- To learn more about TalkBack; the gesture-based screen reader, click here
Vodacom Smart Kicka 2
TalkBack is already built in the Vodacom Smart Kicka smartphone and just need to be switched on under the Settings and Accessibility Menus.
SMS bundles for the hearing impaired
We realize that people who are deaf or hearing impaired use SMS as one of their preferred channels of communication, so we are giving our deaf and hearing impaired customers more value to help them stay connected. With this new permanent price offer, if you are deaf or hearing impaired, you can purchase an SMS bundle and receive an additional SMS bundle at no extra cost:
|Standard SMS |
|New SMS bundle|
Click here for the full brochure.
To request this offer, download the Application Form
Smartphones compatible with hearing aids
Kindly note: Prior to purchasing a phone, we want to advise that you first discuss the accessibility of the phone with your Audiologist, so that it can be determined whether your specific hearing aid will be compatible with the phone. It is mainly telecoil hearing aids that are compatible with certain phones. Not all types are hearing aids are compatible with phones.
List of hearing aid compatible phones
Customer Care Support
Contact the following Contact Centres;
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 12580 free from a Vodacom mobile phone or 08212580 from any other phone - standard rates apply.
We realise that as people get older, they experience capability loss which makes it more difficult to use a mobile phone.
What is it?
The Alcatel 2004C phone is the ideal basic and easy-to-use phone designed for the elderly whose phone is often their primary means of contact with the outside world. They use it to call friends and family, but it is also their lifeline to get help when required.
Key features of the phone:
- Large 2.4 display
- The keypad buttons as well as the font are big, bold and easily visible
- The volume is louder than usual
- The red SOS button at the back enables you to easily get help
- The wireless FM radio to keep you company
- A torch when you need more light
- It offers up to 7.4 hours of talk-time
- 2 Mpxl camera to capture memories
- A charging cradle to make charging easy
What does it cost?
Click here to access the Prepaid and Contract deals
Where do I get it?
You can purchase the phone at the following Vodacom outlets:
- Vodacom Shops
- For new contracts over the phone, dial 082 1950.
- For upgrades over the phone, dial 082 1959
Should you require more information on the Alcatel 2004C phone, you can:
- Contact Vodacom’s Specific Needs Contact Centre by dialling 12580 for free from your Vodacom mobile phone or 082 12580from any other phone (standard rates apply)
- Email email@example.com
- SMS 12580
- Call 12580 free from your Vodacom phone, or 082 12580 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS 12580
Device Priority Repairs
We are aware that mobile devices have become a lifeline for most people and more so for persons with disabilities.
As a customer with a disability your device repair will receive priority when you book it in at one of our Customer Repair Centres.
You are welcome to send an e-mail to email@example.com should you require further information.