South Africa’s best network for smartphones keeps on getting faster!
- Get much faster Internet speed at no additional charge
- Enjoy reliable and uninterrupted connectivity to download and upload pictures, stream videos, check email and so much more
- You can only enjoy the fastest Internet roaming speeds with LTE roaming
To activate LTE
Call 082 155, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone
Terms & conditions apply
What is LTE?
- LTE is a wireless broadband technology designed to support high speed mobile Internet access via cellphones, tablets and modems
- It is much faster than your usual 3G speeds
- LTE can reach up to 60Mbps in ideal conditions. On average, LTE customers experience around 15Mbps
Who can get LTE?
You will get LTE if you are a Vodacom contract, Top Up, uChoose or prepaid customer with:
- An LTE capable device that operates in the 1800Mhz frequency band
- A 64k or a 128k SIM in the LTE capable device
- You are within Vodacom’s extensive national LTE coverage
- Click here to view the LTE coverage map
Why should I get LTE?
Highly reliable, uninterrupted connectivity
Enjoy everything that the Internet has to offer seamlessly- View image heavy web pages without a delay and stream music and videos at a considerably higher speed than a conventional dial-up modem.
Great online experience
Enjoy your entire online experience while saving time with high speed Internet connectivity and reduced latency.
What does LTE cost?
- Vodacom’s LTE network is available to any Vodacom customer as long as the customer has an LTE capable device, correct SIM and is within LTE coverage.
How do I get and use LTE?
To enable LTE on your device:
- Set the APN of the phone to lte.vodacom.za (you may need to reboot your phone)
- Set the network mode on the device to automatic
- Your phone will automatically switch to the LTE network when you are within an LTE coverage area
To activate LTE on your account:
- Call 082 155, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone for assistance with the set up
- Visit any Vodacom Shop for assistance
Report LTE network faults:
To help us fix connectivity problems quickly, please tell us exactly where you experienced poor coverage or had no reception.