Voicemail 2 SMS
Get voice messages as readable text - anywhere, anytime.
- Get English voicemail messages converted into text and sent to you via SMS.
- Easily go back to SMSs to view phone numbers, directions or instructions.
- Read messages when you aren’t able to listen to voicemail.
- Reply directly to the sender via SMS.
To activate Voicemail 2 SMS
Contact your Service Provider
Call 082 111, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone
Terms & conditions apply
What is Voicemail 2 SMS?
- Voicemail 2 SMS converts your English voicemail messages into text and delivers them as SMSs.
- You can still dial 121 for your voicemail service and listen to messages if you prefer.
Who can get Voicemail 2 SMS?
Contract or Top Up customer? If your voicemail is already active, you can get the Voicemail 2 SMS service.
Will all my voicemail messages be converted to text?
Only audible voicemail messages which are left in English, can be converted into SMSs. Inaudible words/messages will not be converted and you may be informed as such via SMS.
You’ll still receive standard voicemail notifications via SMS, regardless of whether or not the voice messages are converted into text.
Why should I get Voicemail 2 SMS?
Read your voicemails anywhere, anytime
Quickly go through converted voicemail SMSs discreetly - even during meetings and never miss a single important message.
No need to write down anything
Save time and effort without noting instructions, important messages or phone numbers as these are already converted into text for you.
Save on retrieval costs while roaming
No clocking up expensive bills listening to your voicemail while traveling internationally; simply read your converted voicemails as SMSs.
How much does Voicemail 2 SMS cost?
A monthly subscription to the Voicemail 2 SMS service costs R19 (inclusive of VAT). This cost will be added to your monthly cellphone bill.
How do I get Voicemail 2 SMS?
There are four ways to activate this service:
• Contact your Service Provider.
• Call Customer Care on 082 111, FREE from your Vodacom cellphone.
On a Vodacom Business contract? Call 082 1960 and speak to an agent.