Vodacom Travel Saver lets you roam with peace of mind in more than 180 countries.
What is Vodacom Travel Saver?
With Travel saver, you can make and receive calls for as low as R2.50 per minute and use data from as little as R2/MB for just R30 per day in selected countries (a day is midnight to 11.59pm, local time). It’s perfect if you’re taking your phone, tablet or dongle with you.
There are 180 countries in this roaming plan and depending on where you’ll be travelling to, you’ll find your country in one of two price zones. Different rates apply to each zone.
How much does Travel Saver cost?
There are two Vodacom Travel Saver price zones and depending on where you are travelling to, different rates will apply.
Check Travel Saver rates
How do I activate and deactivate Travel Saver?
- Travel Saver is only available to Contract customers who've activated basic roaming services.
- SMS ‘Roamstatus’ to 123 to check if your roaming service is active.
- Roaming service not active? Please call Customer Care on 082 111 for assistance.
- Ensure that you read the full terms and conditions
There are three ways to activate Travel Saver:
- SMS 'Save' to 123 or 31050.
- Download the My Vodacom App and select ‘My Services’ > ‘Manage services’ > ‘Calling Services’.
- Log in to My Vodacom and select ‘Services’ > ‘Calling Services’.
To deactivate Travel Saver, SMS 'Saveoff' to 123 or 31050.
You may also be interested in:
Travel Saver FAQs
Avoid the queue! Read our Frequently Asked Questions online to get the support you need.
Use SMS only for cost-effective communication while travelling outside of South Africa.
Get the widest data coverage on Vodafone Partner Networks globally.
Find out more