Cost per MB used (Inclusive of VAT)
|Vodafone World - Neighbouring countries||R51.10|
|Vodafone World - Sub-Saharan Africa||R102.40|
|Vodafone World - Rest of the world||R128.00|
|Africa Roaming family||R5.00|
|Vodacom Travel Saver||R2.00|
Easy access to the Internet, email and your company's network while travelling abroad.
- Widest data coverage with discounted rates on Vodacom and Vodafone networks globally.
- Fastest connection speeds with LTE Roaming on selected networks.
To get Data Roaming
Activate basic roaming for voice, SMS and data roaming services.
To activate, call Customer Care on 082 111, FREE from your Vodacom cellphone.
Your request will be processed and roaming may be activated immediately or a deposit will be required.
Terms & conditions apply
A first for South Africa: LTE Roaming
What is LTE Roaming?
LTE is a wireless broadband technology that enables Data Roaming with high-speed connections faster than 3G while abroad.
LTE Roaming will ensure seamless video and music streaming, web surfing and email downloading.
It will automatically be available when you use data services on an LTE phone or device with a 64k or 128k SIM card.
The active LTE networks are listed below and we’ll be adding more networks from around the world in the coming months.
LTE Roaming is available at no additional cost and standard roaming rates apply.
List of LTE roaming countries:
Antigua & Barbuda
Isle of Man
Turks & Caicos
British Virgin Islands
Qualify for reduced rates
- Super-Saver data rates - You automatically qualify for a reduced rate at R17.50/MB when you roam on selected Vodafone partner networks.
- Africa Roaming data rates - You automatically qualify for a reduced rate at R5.00/MB when you roam on selected Africa Vodacom partner networks
- Travel Saver data rates - You can enjoy using data at a reduced rate of R2.00/MB when you activate the service and roam. Find out more