Roam on our international networks and save!
- Get reduced roaming rates while abroad.
- All customers can get Africa Roaming.
- Save on call, SMS and data usage.
To get low Africa Roaming rates
Activate Vodafone World before you leave South Africa, and you will automatically qualify on partner networks
What is Africa Roaming?
Africa Roaming offers reduced international roaming rates if you roam on any Vodacom Africa Family networks while abroad.
The Vodacom Africa Family includes these networks:
- Vodacom Lesotho
- Vodacom Mozambique
- Vodacom Tanzania
- Vodacom DRC
- Vodafone Ghana
- Kenya Safaricom
Who can get Africa Roaming?
- All Vodacom Contract, Top Up and
Prepaid customers with roaming active can get Africa Roaming.
- If you’re on a Vodacom contract, make
sure you get your roaming service activated at least seven (7) days before you
leave South Africa.
Why should I get Africa Roaming?
Save on call, SMS and data usage
Lower rates when you roam on any of the Africa Family networks means you save on your roaming spend.
Get billed at reduced rates automatically
If you activate roaming and remain on the default Vodafone World plan, you’ll automatically get Africa Roaming reduced rates on the selected networks.
How much does Africa Roaming cost?
Once you’ve reached your African destination and you have Vodafone World active – you’ll be charged according to these roaming rates:
- R2.90 per minute for local calls in the country you’re visiting
- R5 per minute for calls back to South Africa or to other countries
- R2.90 per minute for receiving calls
- R1.50 for every SMS you send
- R5 per MB of data used
How do I get Africa Roaming?
1. Activate roaming at least seven days before you leave South Africa and remain on the default Vodafone World roaming plan.
2. On a Contract plan? To activate roaming, call Customer Care on 082 111, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone or SMS ‘IRM’ to 31050.
3. On a Prepaid plan? To activate roaming, call Customer Care on 082 111, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone or SMS ‘TRAVELON’ to 123.
4. Check that you’re always roaming on an Africa Family network. You can also set the preferred network operator by going into your device settings and changing it from automatic to manual selection.
- All voice calls are charged per minute and all data is charged per 10 kilobyte increments.
- While roaming, voicemail retrieval is charged as calls back to South Africa, while calls to Customer Care are FREE!